Friday, January 4, 2008

Aggregation nation

I realize that what I'm about to write is trendier than a Barack Obama t-shirt. But I'm going to write it anyway.

Serial online publishers need a great way to aggregate their content into a single news stream.

The Biz of Coding agrees:

Managing scattered online Social Life on multiple Social Networking sites, I sense, will become a Killer App Category 2008.


So does Mashable

[A]s I try out more social networks and lifestreaming utilities, I’ve spread my personal brand all over the Internet. I’ve got podcasts, domains, writings, tumblogs, linkblogs and RSS feeds scattered all over the internet bearing my name. I need to find one or two good utilities and a slick looking format with which to consolidate it all in a useful, user-friendly manner.


There are several startups in the space. And SocialThing!, which is being developed by friends of friends, sounds similar.

Plaxo Pulse is similar, too. I have a couple gripes about it. One is that when you load your address book into it, it automatically invites everyone you know, instead of letting you select who you'd like to connect to. The result is that you're connected via pulse.plaxo.com to a whole bunch of business contacts who don't actually create any content of their own.

Someone's going to get this ironed out eventually. I just know it.

Cross-posted on karshconnect.

No comments: