Monday, January 7, 2013

Two reasons to go buy my book

1. Because you'll never figure it out

I'm a fan of classical locked room mysteries. You know the type. A man is murdered in a locked room. And to solve the mystery, the reader must not only figure out whodunnit, but how the crime could possibly have been committed at all.

About five years ago, I came up with my plot. A couple puts their baby to bed in an upstairs nursery. When they go to check on her, she's gone. It took me three years to come up with a solution to my own mystery. And another year to get around to writing the thing.

I finished over the summer and hired Denver illustrator Amy Moyer, who I found through her Egotist profile, to do the cover art. Then it took me another few months to find time to proof and publish it. But it's done. At last. The Single Staircase is available on Amazon and Kindle now.

2. Because I'm giving the profits to charity

I'm going to donate 100% of any profits to charities that help find missing kids. Did you know 800,000 children go missing every year? (Yes, really.) Imagine being one of them. Or one of their parents.

In the somewhat unlikely event I make money off my book, this is an easy way for me to do some good. Anyway, it is $8 on Amazon or $4 on Kindle. Check it out.

No comments: