Monday, January 7, 2013

Two reasons to go buy my book

1. Because you'll never figure it out

I'm a fan of classical locked room mysteries. You know the type. A man is murdered in a locked room. And to solve the mystery, the reader must not only figure out whodunnit, but how the crime could possibly have been committed at all.

About five years ago, I came up with my plot. A couple puts their baby to bed in an upstairs nursery. When they go to check on her, she's gone. It took me three years to come up with a solution to my own mystery. And another year to get around to writing the thing.

I finished over the summer and hired Denver illustrator Amy Moyer, who I found through her Egotist profile, to do the cover art. Then it took me another few months to find time to proof and publish it. But it's done. At last. The Single Staircase is available on Amazon and Kindle now.

2. Because I'm giving the profits to charity

I'm going to donate 100% of any profits to charities that help find missing kids. Did you know 800,000 children go missing every year? (Yes, really.) Imagine being one of them. Or one of their parents.

In the somewhat unlikely event I make money off my book, this is an easy way for me to do some good. Anyway, it is $8 on Amazon or $4 on Kindle. Check it out.

5 comments:

Anynomous said...

I could say that you are really getting me and I am convinced on your words and I must have buy your book this time after all. ideas here will give helpful tips and you can ask any question related to the writing service.

Abir said...

The mute question series will be so much helpful as these question help you to know about what to study for you course. http://www.statementofpurposegraduateschool.com/how-to-reply-to-university-of-washington-essay-prompts/ you'll be get more ideas about the writing help.

Unknown said...

you are asking for just two reason I will let you know more that two which will help you to sell your book in the later time. check more info for the students that is very helpful for the writing services.

Mantak said...

There are the two reasons to buy the book. Just sort the reasons from this paragraph and give the new direction to your work. You can explore more from this topic and can see the advantages to buy the books. It's your duty to make the best selection.

Anonymous said...

In addition, the overall public of the day who have loads of comforts and luxuries for the duration of their life and who knows simply exercise of rest in there instead of whatever else with the http://www.imgangel.com/mspe-letter-writing-service-you-may-rely-on/ site that in what manner may they have the ability to regard other's life.