Sunday, May 17, 2015

I believe in Regret Things enough to give it away

When I published Regret Things, I thought it had the potential to be a hit. After all, Sin Walks Into The Desert had gotten great reviews and developed a solid following. Regret Things had the same atmospheric noir sensibility. But instead of melancholy and guns, it had chase scenes and illicit sex.

What could go wrong?

But Regret Things launched and fizzled. And I was more interested in writing than figuring out why. But my belief in my book has been rekindled by a review that just popped up on San Francisco Book Review:
"[T]he rolling smooth language of this sexy noir takes you in, it walks you into a warm bath of trouble you didn’t realize would feel so good. This is classic noir, where the guys hold the guns, but the girl holds the real power. Regret Things is made by Ingwalson’s stylized rhythmic sentences, abrupt, then lolling in all the right places. His words read effortlessly, and it pushes the reader forward."
So here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to gift a free Kindle copy of Regret Things to the first 200 people who sign up for my mailing list before June 2. The form is in the righthand sidebar of this blog. Just type your email in and hit the subscribe button, and I'll gift you a copy via Amazon within forty-eight hours.

At the end of the day, Regret Things is its own best advertisement. And I'd rather spend my money getting it out to new readers than gambling on ads. So go on. Sign up. Happy reading.

No comments: