Friday, September 18, 2015

How To Guns is different than any of my other books

About a year ago, I wrote a post for Omnimystery about the difference between plotting mysteries and writing noir. You can read the whole thing if you want. But the upshot is that the former genre is about architecting the ending, while the latter is about losing yourself in atmosphere.

Both of the Owl and Raccoon books were outlined from the solution backwards before I started writing. While both the Sin and Nicki books chase a scene or sentence I found compelling.

To Guns is the first book I've written that's both. It has all the lush detail and moody atmosphere, but I finished chapter-by-chapter notes for the four main characters (Sin, Nicki, Mathieu and Meb) before I started writing.

4 comments:

Kevin Fleeman said...

People are saying that the SOAPSTone strategy is really good as it helps the student to know about the way and those method of writing the narrative and complete content. http://www.road2residency.com/check-the-entire-list-of-eras-application-requirements-and-set-in-motion/ for more help on your writing.

this website said...

Reading is my hobby. I just love to read more and more. When I read something I just lost my mind. I forget everything. I just read and read. Your books are so awesome. I read this book "To Guns" It's so beautifully written by you.

hayat said...

Writing a book is a best hobby and it can never be compared to another thing. Students must have services that can help them in writing perfectly. www.summarizing.biz/how-to-summarise-without-plagiarising/ is going to be help you in all your matters of writing.

Sundi said...

The blog of reading books with the best pattern is present here. You can find the easy chapters with the easy understanding techniques. Just enjoy the real pattern of this site and maintain your reading habit here with the useful link if you really want to get the success in your life.