Friday, November 13, 2015

Regret Things doesn't even come remotely close to winning the Writer's Digest 23rd Annual Self-Published Book Awards

I entered Regret Things in the Writer's Digest 23rd Annual Self-Published Book Awards. It didn't do especially well. The judge's review, while often complimentary, criticized the structure, saying "Ingwalson’s collage/burst-of-scene approach to writing quickly becomes difficult to follow." I think that's fair. I mean, obviously I'd be happier if I'd won. But life goes on. I did enjoy the end of the review however:
"This being said, one of the big strengths of Regret Things is Ingwalson’s casual, laid-back writing style. Line-by-line, it was a pleasure to read, and he did a good job executing the kind of conversational, “I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell” tone, which certainly makes it stand out from other books."

No comments: