Monday, April 7, 2014

I am publishing two new books soon

A few months ago I hinted I was wrapping up a full-length novel. Now it's close to done. It's something I've been working on, in fits and starts, for more than a decade.

Regret Things is a sweeping story about crime, consequences, ego, infidelity, and the ways our lives are influenced by those who aren't with us any longer. As one character says, "The dead don't live through us, we live through them."

But here's the wild thing.

While I was editing and re-editing Regret Things, I started scribbling on the side about one of its minor characters. And within a couple weeks, that little bit of free writing became a thirty-thousand word stand-alone novella. Sin Walks Into The Desert is about a homicidal young man searching the Arizona desert for his missing mentor. I am simply in love with it.

I've gone back and forth about which book to publish first. And I finally decided, fuck it. I'm going to try to publish them both on the same day, about a month from now. I realize this is a confusing and arrogant marketing strategy. Oh well.

These books are very different from the Owl and Raccoon novellas. Those were about dialogue and plot. Regret Things and Sin Walks Into The Desert are about character and setting. Hopefully you'll try one of them. Which? I'll be blogging about them both in the coming weeks. Stay tuned.

5 comments:

Anynomous said...

It is really great news that you are going to publish some news books and I have my wishes for you on your book publishing. visit this website for the students that is very helpful for the writing services.

aliyaa said...

I will desperately wait fo these books. I will also refer this blog post to my friends too because they just love reading new stuff aspecially when the author is amazing.

Abir said...

It is time for the writers as there has a option for them to write their things and get known to all over the world through this. http://www.residencypersonalstatement.biz/programs/ will give helpful tips and you can ask any question related to the writing service.

Ralph C. Kiefer said...

if you are good at physical therapist then you should be applied for this as there has an opportunity knocking in your door which will give you a better career. https://www.writingaresearchproposal.com/education-research-proposal-writing/ the site for more ideas and tips about the educational information.

Anonymous said...

Good post, An uneducated woman is in like manner an uneducated mate who can't stand one alongside the other with her significant other stuck in an unfortunate situation and cash related hardship. Therefore, the man transforms into the link laborer in the house.