Friday, October 17, 2008

I'm a senior copywriter or something like that

My job title is senior copywriter. But am I? Sure I love to do radio. And I'm still fond of the 12-word headline and the 30-second spot. But I like them not for their own sake, but because done right, they make life better - funnier, more beautiful, more useful. I'm equally proud of work like our campaigns for Regis and Kappa Alpaha, which can't be called "advertising" in the traditional sense.

With that in mind, I put a book with some of my favorite recent print and digital work on SlideShare. It makes me nervous, because some of the best ads I've written aren't included. But sooner or later, you have to move on. And I have. With two exceptions, all the work in this book been done within the past 24 months. Even though all online portfolios always suck, I hope it puts a smile on someone's face.

No comments: